Susan Zemanek, Skilled Virtual Assistant
I am a lifelong entrepreneur. Early in my career, I founded an interactive theater company in the Boston area. I then developed do-it-yourself interactive game kits for an online shopping store. After that was up and running, I using my learned skills to become a virtual assistant. My hands-on knowledge of running a small business is a benefit to my clients. My tenacity and desire to learn new things and take on new challenges also benefit my clients.
"I so appreciate your continued support and your diversity of services. You can do anything and you are a joy to work with.
I'm thankful for you!"
- Highly accomplished professional with diverse experience providing virtual assistance to small business owners and individuals.
- Offer outstanding administrative and project management skills.
- Exceptionally well organized, efficient and disciplined.
- Excel at multi-tasking and time management.
- Possess well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Business administration expertise.
- Strong coordination skills to work with management, cross-functional teams and vendors/clients in the execution of daily tasks.
- Exceptional team leader with strong ability to generate and maintain records, oversee projects, keep team on track and meet deadlines.
- Versatile in many computer operating systems and programs.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Tenacious problem solver, including but not limited to computer issues and technical difficulties.
A Sampling of Tasks I Can Manage For You
- Edit and proofread
- Data entry
- Create e-newsletters
- Set up meetings
- Troubleshoot computer issues
- Write and send invoices; enter receipts in online accounting programs
- Check email and follow up as needed
- Research and book travel, hotel and meeting facilities
- Update web site content + web site maintenance
- Post your blog content
- Update and manage your calendar
- Internet research
- Shop online for supplies, printed materials, etc.
- Be a sounding board for your ideas
Please note: I am not proficient at sales and marketing. I know the bare bones basics for social media only.
Professional Experience (partial list)
Haley Productions’ Interactive Games – Petaluma, CA, 1987 – Present
Founder, Owner, Writer, Game Designer
Design and sell downloadable scavenger hunts, murder mystery dinner party games, team building activities and kids’ games. Handle all administrative tasks, database management, bookkeeping, customer service, sales and marketing, social media, e-newsletters, web design and maintenance, search engine optimization and maintain an online shopping cart. Website
Pets For Patriots – Long Beach, NY, 2011 – Present
Director of Administration + Projects
In 2011, I joined Pets for Patriots as a volunteer, during which time I managed all in- and out-bound writing projects, program print orders, administration of the Veterans’ Pet Food Bank Program and other critical tasks.
In October 2013 after more than two years as a dedicated volunteer, I was invited to join Pets for Patriots as their Director of Administration + Projects. In addition to my previous duties, I now manage all shelter and veterinarian applications, and document veteran pet adoptions. I’m on call to the founder and director for any as needed projects, research and office tasks. Website
Leader Success – San Francisco, CA, 2012 – Present
Chief Everything Officer
Remotely provide ongoing and as needed administrative support: projects, research, office tasks including PowerPoint presentations. Desktop publishing (business card, bio pages for different types of consulting). Website
Lily’s Legacy Senior Dog Sanctuary – Petaluma, CA, 2016 – Present
Administrative Assistant + Dog Caregiver Volunteer
As-needed desktop publishing including newsletter, miscellaneous office tasks and web maintenance. Take care of sanctuary dogs (walking, some training, socializing). Website
Eurous Global Leadership Group, LLC – Mill Valley, CA, 2016 – Present
General Administrative Assistance
Remotely provide ongoing and as needed administrative support including creating SOWs and contracts using Adobe Sign.
Dave Smith & Co., Inc., Safety|Ergonomics|Risk|Expert, Lafayette, CA, 2016 – 2022
General Administrative Assistance
Remotely provide ongoing and as needed administrative support including proofreading and editing technical manuals.
Three Rivers Guide Service – Weed, CA, 2007 – 2020
General Administrative Assistance and Web Maintenance
As-needed desktop publishing, miscellaneous office tasks and web maintenance.